Life is good, I’ve gotten to an awesome place, I’m 23…. I don’t need to know where I’m going, I can still enjoy the ride.
I think its better to be loved than anything else, and easier too. I think it feels a lot like cultivating compassion, in the easiest way possible. Its cultivating compassion that is directed at you; the most “controllable” thing in your universe, so it seems like a logical place to start, just don’t get addicted and use this as a crutch to avoid looking deeper. God knows I have plenty of looking deeper to do.
San Francisco is my home in the world. I love all my friends from home, they’re great, but they haven’t grown like I want to. I need to keep finding people who feed that, this will threaten people, it will make some feel estranged. It willl threaten me, but thats what I'm looking for.
What I’m looking for though is enlightenment – I’m looking for life of light and wholeness, zen and connection, not errands, pieces, titles and possessions. I don’t want to stop along the way, I just get off on feeling pushed to the edge of everything. Set backs are not hesitations, they are part of the path.
There was this guy a while back on a plane ride home from Brooklyn sitting next to me who works 7 consecutive days in the ER, takes 1 off, works 7 more, takes one off and repeats one last time before he takes off 10 – 20 days and travels around the world. He spent 5 years driving a van around the country after being a journalist for 10 years. His vision of life begged me to look at my life.
Having found it to be an inspiring experience and jumping on the wave of friends here and there who use this medium for expression, for organization, for tracking and connecting, I want to see what its like. I’ll leave this as an open slate. It’ll be schizophrenic, irrational and incoherent as my thoughts that stream through my head as I try to sleep at night. There will be no synonyms and no backspaces involved. Alive and ragged, burning with something that might just be random but might just help illuminate and elucidate, maybe the paragraphs will tip over in the moment where thoughts become frameworks and words become guides and inspirational records. Maybe they’ll all be just like this. Maybe its all just White Noise. What ever it is, I'll do it Till the wheels fall off.
No comments:
Post a Comment